Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nanowrimo

Two-thousand one-hundred and ninety-four words (<-this is how to pad a word count!), pounded out on a 1967 Olympia SM-9 all with no plot outline what so ever. Sweet deal today at the thrift store, Late model SM-9 (circa 1973) for half off of ten dollars and ninety-one cents (<-yet another ploy to pad my word count). Mechanically, I like this typewriter better that the '67 but I like the aesthetic value from the earlier models. Oh, well. Can't have your cake and eat it to. By the way does any one else type this:* instead of this:' when switching from a typewriter to a computer?

1 comment:

Elizabeth H. said...

By the way does any one else type this:* instead of this:' when switching from a typewriter to a computer?

All the time! And when I first switch to the typewriter, I keep hitting the cent sign instead of the '.

But they're worth the extra trouble. Congrats on the new SM-9! I have one of each era as well. The old one takes a heavier touch and requires that you keep to a definite, steady rhythm. I'm not as accurate with it, but it's a very nice pica typeface, so sometimes I just deal with it. The new one is beat-to-death and smells funny, but it's very comfy to type on.