Sunday, November 2, 2008

Funny Thoughts

This is a quote from a story on the Fox News website: "An SM-3 fired from the USS Paul Hamilton directly hit the first target missile." The first thought in my narrow mind was, "How could a typewriter stop a missile?" Ah, the mind of a typewriter collector! NaNoWriMo update:3980 and nowhere near what I had planned. Love this one: " A recent survey of the top 1,000 living English-language authors finds that more than 80 percent own manual typewriters averaging 43 years in age and three broken functions, with a per-unit resale value of $4.75 and slipping. Yet in a questionnaire about their response if brigands should invade their homes and demand either their beat-up old manual typewriters or their spouses on pain of death, a whopping 96 percent wrote 'Spouse.'"

1 comment:

Maryanne Moll said...

I'd like to know who the 4% were. They're my kindred spirits!

Stumbled upon your blog while Googling for more data on the Olympia SM-1, which I have had for nine years.

Love your blog, and I'm now linking you.